Friday 21 June 2019

Stranded

Sick sentences:  We Made it to the small desolate island. We saw the
tall towering trees and the warm yellow sandy beach. We sat on
the beach with grains of sand draining through our fingers and
toes. I was exhilarated by the view and the one thought hovering
in my mind.

                 Stranded

We Made it to the small desolate island. In front of us stood
tall towering trees and the warm yellow sandy beach. We sat on
the beach with grains of sand draining through our fingers and
toes. I was exhilarated by the view and the one thought hovering
in my mind. We had spotted the Island on the horizon,  we had
checked the map but the island wasn't listed. There was just a
blank expanse of water. We had discovered a new Island, though I
found it a bit strange because the world had satellites which
should have picked it up, but at that moment my friend
interrupted my thoughts saying “come on, let’s swim in that
watering hole!” gesturing at a large mass of water. So I ignored
my thoughts and clambered off the boat and raced over to the pool
of water. We spent maybe an hour or two splashing and swimming
from side to side, when dad called us back to the boat we jumped
aboard and he started up the boat. Phhhtt the engine sputtered. I
ran up to the front of the boat and checked the fuel meter and
the tank was full of fuel, but we weren’t moving. “I knew there
was something wrong with this Island” I exclaimed. So we were
stuck on this Island. Now the lovely island seemed a lot
spookier. The bird’s were silent the whole Island was silent it
felt like we were rocking and sinking lower we all ran to the
highest point you could see the whole Island It was sinking! We
ran down to the boat and jumped on cause it floats we jumped on
and went below decks. No the boat was sinking with the island!
Splash a huge wave engulfed the boat dragging it under my last
thought was that at least I died in a beautiful part of the ocean
looking at the coral.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.